How to build your own website for free
There are many programs out there for building your own website and there are many website hosting sites.
I have tried a few over the years and built different websites with varying degrees of success. Some were just information sites, some were more selling sites, but one think I learned very early on was that there’s no point in building an amazing website if no one ever visits it.
Building the site in the first place is actually quite easy especially if you are used to working with computers and can operate things like Word or PowerPoint.
However, the BIG QUESTION is: how do you then get people to view your site?
Some things I have learned:
- There are many different ways and driving traffic to your site is not a simple matter of emailing your friends on social media. Of course that may bring in few, but the aim is ‘for the many, not the few’ to quote a Star Trek line.
- A systematic approach is essential – randomly blogging without any purpose can be like firing arrows into a wood without any target – they usually hit nothing of value and often get lost amongst the trees.
- Knowledge is paramount – knowing what Google Analytics does and how social media can block links is important if your site is to progress. And these are just a few of the things you need to learn if you want to make a successful site.
- It’s useful to have people to ask for help – so many site building platforms are great if you can operate the software, but what happens if you get stuck – do they really offer help and support from real people?
- Knowing how to monetise your site is vital. It may be from advertising, affiliate marketing or selling your own goods and services but if the money is not flowing in, then your time is being wasted.
So what do I use?
I have built several websites now using the Wealthy Affiliate platform, siteRubix. And I find it has been both a pleasurable and profitable experience, not only in terms of traffic, but in terms of turning that traffic into money.
The Wealthy Affiliate benefits include:
- You can join for free and create up to 2 free websites; you can pay a monthly fee for premium membership but that is not compulsory or necessary to get you started.
- The approach and knowledge you gain is second to none: clear steps and a laid out action plan to follow to keep you on track.
- Thousands of different themes to choose from: perfect for different niches whether they are business, personal or purely for pleasure.
- A community of like-minded individuals who will help you out for nothing – you just need to ask. Any questions I have asked have been answered promptly and with great advice, 24/7. There is a community of people across the globe ready and willing to help and give their expertise – they’ve done it and are more than wiling to share their success.
- Proven success – many others have gone before you and have experienced the freedom and exhilaration of doing what they love.
If you want to know more about how to create your own website for free, then click here or on the banner below. There is no obligation and you won’t be spammed or hounded. But you could just create your own website and start your own online business. What have you got to lose except your fear?
How to create your own free website?
Step 1 – take some action and click here!
If you’d like to view the website I’ve built about the law of attraction and getting what you want in life, click here.